1 / 5
Is riding down a golden sandy beach on your bucket list? Have you ever dreamed of riding through gently lapping waves with a sea breeze playing in your hair? Don’t wait any longer.
Come out with Abel Tasman Horse Trekking for a ride that will realise your adventure.
At Abel Tasman Horse Trekking we provide quality trekking experiences right on the doorstep of the famous Abel Tasman National Park. For ages 12 and over we offer two-hour guided rides on the Marahau Beach, including a lesson in our sandy arena. Please note we have an 85kg rider weight limit. For younger children we offer half-hour paddock rides. Quality gear, experienced, first-aid trained guides and friendly horses.
Abel Tasman Horse Trekking, 303 Sandy Bay Marahau Road, Marahau, Motueka, Marahau, Marahau, Nelson, New Zealand.
- Business hours:
- 8am - 5pm
- Months of operation:
- All months of the year
Facilities and Features
- Proximity to airport:
- 60km to Nelson Airport
- Proximity to coach terminal:
- Buses can drop you off at our gate or 500m from Abel Tasman Track Enterance
- Proximity to town:
- Located in the heart of Marahau, 20km from Motueka
Pricing and Conditions
- Age restriction:
- Further pricing information:
- We offer 2 hour guided beach treks for 12 years old and over, and half hour paddock rides for NZ$35 per child for children under 12 years old,