1 / 4
Find out why 36 million New Zealanders can’t be wrong.
Okay, so there’s a few tourists in there too. But that’s how many passengers we've carried since our first sailing in 1962.
Cruise from Wellington to Picton in the stunning Marlborough Sounds in just over three hours.
Viewing decks, premium lounges cafés and bars. Plenty to keep kids entertained too. Our three ships are not only the largest Cook Strait ferries in New Zealand; they are also purpose built for the crossing with unparalleled comfort and safety.
All vehicles are welcome, just drive on, drive off - we even have rental depots at our terminals for cars that don't cross.
We've been doing this for 50yrs so we know how to make your perfect holiday, perfect from the very start.
Interislander Cook Strait Ferries, Auckland Street, Picton, Picton, Marlborough, 7220, New Zealand.
- Business hours:
- 24 hours. 7 days.
- Months of operation:
- All months of the year
Facilities and Features
- Proximity to airport:
- We recommend you allow at least 30 minutes from a taxi ride to Wellington airport
- Proximity to town:
- Wellington Terminal is a short drive from the city, or a $2 shuttle from the train station. Picton terminal is a short walk from the town centre or train station.
Pricing and Conditions
|Adult||$52.00 - $75.00|
- Other charges:
- Vehicle fares are extra, dependant on the size of the vehicle. Child (under 18), student (ID required), senior (60+) and family discounts may apply. See our website for details.
- Further pricing information:
- Child fares are applicable up to the age of 18! Easy Change fares - These are our most flexible fares and allow you cancel right up to time of check-in without any cancellation fees. So if you need to be flexible, these are the fares for you.