1 / 3
Kahiwi is a natural getaway retreat for 2, or for a single backpacker. The huts are being redone to create a solar powered survival hut where you can totally de-stress amongst NZ bush. The enamel bath set in the outdoors creates a luxurious outdoor experience, while keeping life in a very simple back to basics mode with a clean burning wood burner to heat your meals and boil the billy as well as service the wetback for your bath. Alternatively use the outdoor pizza oven. The huts are surrounded by NZ native edibles so your new discovery into New Zealand ecology begins here nestled by a stream with waterfall on the property, a 10 minute walk away. It is 15 mins to Tairua and Pauanui and 25 minutes to Whangamata beach, or Cathedral Cove.
Kahiwi Survival Huts, 205 Hikuai School road, Hikuai, Tairua, Coromandel, New Zealand.
- Months of operation:
- All months of the year
Facilities and Features
- Internet (Public Use)
- Proximity to airport:
- Hamilton airport or Auckland airport would be 1 hour 45 approx.
- Proximity to coach terminal:
- The Kiwi Experience bus goes past the corner, but local Coromandel transport is available to the Waitomo service station at the Pauanui corner.
- Proximity to town:
- 14 km to Pauanui and 12 km to Tairua
- Number of rooms:
Pricing and Conditions
|High season||Low season|
|(Sep - May)||(Jun - Aug)|
|Per night||$200.00 - $480.00||$160.00 - $200.00|
- Other charges:
- If you require cleaning services or linen please indicate as a $35 fee applies for cleaning and a per linen charge. Thank you.
- Further pricing information:
- Kahiwi is a natural reserve we wish to preserve. We wish clientele to take on board guardianship of such a property for future generations to also enjoy its ambience.