1 / 2
A visit to Wild Wool Gallery showcases the many uses of alpaca fibre in New Zealand. You can view Jessie's hand felted accessories made from her own alpacas, as well as other alpaca products products in which Kepler Mountain View Alpaca fibre is used.
Our alpacas fleeces are shorn once a year and their beautiful soft fibre, known as the 'fibre of the gods', is used to create light flowing accessories. Alpaca fibre is hollow and 25% warmer than Merino and having different properties than sheep wool, can be worn by those who are allergic to wool.
Book at farm tour at Kepler Mountain View Alpacas to meet the alpacas during your time at the gallery, there are always some close to the gallery ready to say "Hello" over the fence.
Wild Wool Gallery, 130 Hillside Manapouri Road, Manapouri, Manapouri, Fiordland, New Zealand.
- Business hours:
- 1 Oct - 30 April 9am to 6pm Weekdays 10am to 6pm weekends: 1 May - 30 Sept 10am to 5pm
- Months of operation:
- All months of the year
Facilities and Features
- Proximity to airport:
- 160km from Queenstown airport
- Proximity to coach terminal:
- Proximity to town:
Pricing and Conditions
(16 year(s) and under)
- Other charges:
- Visit to Wild Wool Gallery is free, pricing related to booked farm tours.
- Further pricing information:
- Family of 2 adults and 2 children $50. Children must be accompanied by an adult.