1 / 8
Escape the gloom of winter and venture south on a winter sojourn to the Otago Rail Trail. Enjoy the spectacular winter scenery of Central Otago, and bike the trail from Middlemarch to Clyde in the crisp clear days that winter brings. Enjoy comfortable accommodation including a night at the historic Dansey’s Pass Coach Inn.
If you're lucky, wake up to snow blanketing the ground in the quaint village of St Bathan’s. Experience the warmth of southern hospitality while our hosts enjoy some downtime that the season brings. Challenge yourself with something new and partake in clay target shooting on the Duncan farm in Wedderburn, or try Nasebys’ thrilling ice luge, or more sedate ice skating.
Transfers from Queenstown and Christchurch availab
Winter Otago Rail Trail - PureTrails NZ, 11a Langstone Lane, Northcote, Christchurch, Christchurch - Canterbury, 8052, New Zealand.
- Business hours:
- 8am - 6pm 7 days
- Months of operation:
- Jun, Jul, Aug
Facilities and Features
- Proximity to airport:
- 10 minutes drive from Christchurch airport
- Proximity to town:
- 10 minutes drive from Christchurch city centre
Pricing and Conditions
- Other charges:
- Optional bike hire $190; ebike hire $450, single supplement $350
- Further pricing information:
- Bookings will be confirmed and held on receipt of a deposit by PureTrails New Zealand. Payment in full must be received in full at least 60 days prior to departure.