1 / 5
The Aoraki Mount Cook Trek is a 2 day trek up to our our private Caroline Hut on the Ball Ridge, straight opposite the awesome 2000m high Caroline Face of Aoraki Mount Cook.
Day 1 you climb 850m beside the Tasman Glacier and up the Ball Ridge to Caroline Hut. Day 2 you will descend back into the Tasman Valley. Maximum walking time will be 4-6 hours on any one day, but you do need to be sure-footed and have overnight hiking experience to cope with the untracked mountain terrain.
This trek will give you a high mountain experience of this beautiful area. Caroline Hut is in a stunning location. From the hut you can watch ice avalanches thunder down the mighty ice face.
Aoraki Mount Cook Trek , Aoraki/Mount Cook National Park, Aoraki Mount Cook, Christchurch - Canterbury, 7999, New Zealand.
- Business hours:
- 8.30am-9pm, 7 days. Closed Christmas Day.
- Months of operation:
- Jan, Feb, Mar, Apr, Nov, Dec
Facilities and Features
- Proximity to airport:
- 3 hours drive from Christchurch or Queenstown airports
- Proximity to coach terminal:
- Buses travelling between Christchurch and Queenstown stop daily in Tekapo
- Proximity to town:
- 5 minutes walk from Tekapo town centre
Pricing and Conditions
|Adult||$790.00 - $970.00|
- Further pricing information:
- Group discounts for group bookings of 3 or more.