1 / 5
The darkness of the night sky around Aoraki Mt Cook is unbeatable - its official! Let the team at Big Sky Stargazing introduce you to the wonders above. The 4367sq km Gold Status Aoraki Mackenzie International Dark Sky Reserve is the largest in the world and for this tour you will be the centre of it all.
Our experienced guides will introduce you to our beautiful southern night sky with a full hour using the naked eye, astro-binoculars and state of the art 14" and 11" astronomy telescopes. Unleash your imagination as you discover our neighbourhood in the universe including the southern cross, seasonal ecliptic objects, planets, planets, stunning star clusters, moons, distant galaxies and even our very own galaxy, the spectacular Milky Way.
Big Sky Stargazing, Terrace Road, Aoraki Mount Cook Village, Aoraki Mount Cook, Christchurch - Canterbury, New Zealand.
- Business hours:
- Tour start times vary according to sunset
- Months of operation:
- All months of the year
Facilities and Features
- Proximity to airport:
- Main national and international airports are Christchurch and Queenstown
- Proximity to coach terminal:
- Daily coach transport is available
- Proximity to town:
- 322 km from Christchurch and 264km from Queenstown
Pricing and Conditions
(14 year(s) and under)
- Age restriction:
- Further pricing information:
- Children under 4 not permitted on tour. Not recommended for children under 8.