1 / 8
Nestled within the deep hidden valleys of New Zealand's Forgotten World is the ultimate way to explore rural New Zealand. Travel in comfort in a motorised railcart along a decommissioned railway line, through tunnels, over bridges and rivers and to townships that time forgot.
Forgotten World Adventures shares a hospitality and history unique to New Zealand. It’s truly unforgettable.
Choose to travel a segment of the line, or the entire 142 kilometres. Tours begin in Taumarunui, Whangamomona or Stratford during our summer season. Short tours are available during winter months from our Taumarunui depot only.
Forgotten World Adventures, 9 Hakiaha St, Taumarunui, Ruapehu, 3920, New Zealand.
- Business hours:
- Booking Office 9am to 5pm - Trips run according to the schedule on website
- Months of operation:
- All months of the year
Facilities and Features
- Proximity to airport:
- No nearby airport. Taupo airport is 1 hour and 20 mins drive.
- Proximity to coach terminal:
- Less than 1km
- Proximity to town:
- At the northern entrance to Taumarunui
Pricing and Conditions
|Adult||$125.00 - $1,345.00|
(15 year(s) and under)
|$75.00 - $85.00|
- Other charges:
- Accommodation where applicable
- Further pricing information:
- Those in control of the rail cart must be over 16.