1 / 7
Nestled within the deep hidden valleys of New Zealand's Forgotten World is the ultimate way to explore rural New Zealand. Travel in comfort in a motorised railcart along a decommissioned railway line, through tunnels, over bridges and rivers and to townships that time forgot or jet boat on the upper reaches of the mighty Whanganui River in our purpose built jet boat.
Forgotten World Adventures shares a hospitality and history unique to New Zealand. It’s truly unforgettable.
Choose to tour for a half day, full day or over two exciting days as your time allows. Tours begin in Taumarunui, Whangamomona or Stratford during our summer season. Short tours are available during winter months from our Taumarunui depot only.
Forgotten World Adventures, 9 Hakiaha St, Taumarunui, Ruapehu, 3920, New Zealand.
- Business hours:
- Booking Office 9am to 5pm - book now on our website www.fwa.co.nz
- Months of operation:
- All months of the year
Facilities and Features
- Proximity to airport:
- No nearby airport. Helicopter access is available. Taupo airport is 1 hour and 20 mins drive.
- Proximity to coach terminal:
- Less than 1km
- Proximity to town:
- At the northern entrance to Taumarunui
Pricing and Conditions
|Adult||$165.00 - $1,345.00|
(15 year(s) and under)
|$75.00 - $90.00|
- Other charges:
- Accommodation where applicable
- Further pricing information:
- Those in control of the rail cart must be over 16. Sorry we cannot take those under 3 in the jet boat but they are most welcome in the railcarts as long as they are securely strapped into a carseat appropriate for their age.