1 / 5
Walk in ancient forest with giant trees, prolific ferns, wild orchids and feeding Kereru (wood pigeon). Our track is formed from fallen leaves and old stream beds.
Visit one of the best stands of Nikau palms in the Lower North Island. The Nikau is a striking palm and this remnant of Nikau's and Kohekohe's look like they belong in a tropical forest.
Explore the Waikanae Estuary - a national treasure as a wildlife habitat. More species of coastal and aquatic birds visit the Estuary than any other site on the Wellington coast.
The walk is an easy grade. Full day: Adult $120, Senior $110. Children under 15 by arrangement. Half day bush or estuary walk: Adult $75. senior $65. Lunch supplied. Wellington CBD pick up available.
Guided bush walks with Jennys journeys, 6 Webber St, Paraparaumu Beach, Wellington, 5032, New Zealand.
- Business hours:
- 8am to 8pm, 7 days
- Months of operation:
- Jan, Feb, Mar, Apr, May, Sep, Oct, Nov, Dec
Facilities and Features
- Proximity to airport:
- Home base is 5mins from Paraumu airport. pick up at no extra charge.
- Proximity to coach terminal:
- We are based on the Kapiti Coast 1 hour by train from Wellington.Trips depart from Paraparaumu and pick up available fromcoach stop from Wellington station or enroute.
- Proximity to town:
- We are based on the Kapiti Coast 1 hour by train from Wellington.Trips depart from Paraparaumu and pick up available from train station or enroute.
Pricing and Conditions
|Adult||$65.00 - $120.00|
- Age restriction:
- Other charges:
- Transport from Wellington CBD
- Further pricing information:
- Discount for seniors, lunch supplied