1 / 5
Visit Kapiti Island with Kapiti Explorer & Marine Charter and discover the stunning colour's of the Saddleback, Hihi, Takahe and many more of our threatened bird species. Kapiti Island is one of New Zealand’s oldest and most treasured Nature Reserves, located just 15minutes from Paraparaumu Beach and 60 minutes from downtown Wellington.
Our day trip lands at Rangatira Point that has stunning bush, access to the trig at the highest point on the island and where you have the best chance of seeing the rare and endangered bush birds that live on the island.
Travel in our purpose built 11m jet boat with a passenger capacity of 31 people.
Explore the Kapiti mainland with either a stunning bush or estuary walk.
Kapiti Explorer, 1 Manly Street, Paraparaumu Beach, Paraparaumu, Wellington, New Zealand.
- Business hours:
- 7.00am to 8.00pm
- Months of operation:
- Jan, Feb, Mar, Apr, May, Jun, Sep, Oct, Nov, Dec
Facilities and Features
- Proximity to airport:
- 3 minutes from Paraparaumu Airport, 65 minutes from Wellington Airport.
- Proximity to coach terminal:
- Bus stop that connects to train from Wellington 100metre from departure point.
- Proximity to town:
- 5km to State Highway 1 Paraparaumu
Pricing and Conditions
|Adult||$75.00 - $85.00|
(16 year(s) and under)
|$40.00 - $50.00|
- Other charges:
- Guided walks $10 pp