1 / 9
Spring-fed from the northern slopes of Tongariro National Park is the freshwater stream of the Tokaanu.
Kayak Wai Maori hires self guided single and double sit on top kayaks to explore the bush clad Tokaanu Stream as it meanders out into the Southern Lake Taupo. Hipaua steaming cliffs, the lakeside village of Little Waihi and waterfall can be seen in the distance.
Closely follow the shoreline and view the abundant birdlife. Return via Tokaanu canal and stream alongside Tokaanu's geothermal area for a half day freshwater adventure.
A shorter 1 – 1.5 hour stream kayak hire starts in an aqueduct, meanders through wilderness and past boiling mud and steaming hot pools.
Nearby are Tokaanu Thermal Pools and the Tongariro Alpine Crossing.
Kayak Wai Maori, 203 Puanga Street, Tokaanu Thermal Village, Tokaanu, Lake Taupo, 3381, New Zealand.
- Business hours:
- 9am - 5pm
- Months of operation:
- Jan, Feb, Mar, Apr, May, Jun, Dec
Facilities and Features
- Proximity to airport:
- Proximity to coach terminal:
- Proximity to town:
Pricing and Conditions
|Adult||$35.00 - $49.00|
- Other charges:
- Minimum 2 pax. Extra charge for pick ups
- Further pricing information:
- SELF GUIDED KAYAKING is on the Tokaanu Stream, Canal and within a 100m of Tokaanu Bay’s shoreline; and requires hirers to take responsibility for themselves and equipment.