1 / 5
This remarkable, ever-changing journey between Auckland and Wellington takes you into the North Island’s heartland, through lush green farmland, native forests, over stunning river gorges and across New Zealand’s volcanic plateau.
The train passes over 25 major bridges and through 14 tunnels, and also traverses the famous Raurimu Spiral just North of National Park.
On the Northern Explorer you wont miss a thing. Capture amazing views from the open-air viewing deck, or through panoramic sky view windows in our air-conditioned carriages. Sit back and relax with our delicious food and beverages from the licensed onboard cafe, and listen to GPS triggered at-seat commentary as you journey through some of NZ's most stunning scenery.
The Great Journeys of New Zealand The Strand Station | Northern Explorer, Bunny Street, Wellington Central, Wellington, 6011, New Zealand.
- Business hours:
- Mon-Fri: 8am to 6pm, Sat-Sun: 8am to 5pm
- Months of operation:
- All months of the year
Facilities and Features
- Proximity to airport:
- Approximately a 30 minute bus ride in both Wellington & Auckland.
- Proximity to coach terminal:
- Coach services are available nearby.
- Proximity to town:
- Both Wellington Railway Station and Auckland Strand Station are located in the central city, in close proximity to hotels, buses, restaurants and other facilities.
Pricing and Conditions
|Adult||$199.00 - $239.00|
(14 year(s) and under)
|$139.00 - $137.00|
- Further pricing information:
- Fares are subject to availability, see www.greatjourneysofnz.co.nz for full terms and conditions.