1 / 6
Where great stories begin.
A multimillion-dollar development programme has transformed Rotorua Museum into a must-see international visitor experience. Here you can discover the region’s rich Māori culture, volatile volcanic landscape and dramatic history. This all vividly comes to life through a variety of stunning multi-media exhibitions.
Innovative displays, fascinating cinema experiences and informative guided tours help you discover the amazing stories of this unique region. Plus five changing galleries and a varied programme of events ensure there is always something new to see.
Centrally located in the iconic Bath House building, Rotorua Museum can be explored from basement to rooftop, with fantastic views of the city and lake.
Rotorua Museum, Queens Drive, Goverment Gardens, City, Rotorua Central, Rotorua, 3046, New Zealand.
- Business hours:
- 9-5 (Winter) 9-8 (Summer)
- Months of operation:
- All months of the year
Facilities and Features
- Proximity to airport:
- 10 minutes from Rotorua Airport
- Proximity to coach terminal:
- 5 Minutes walk
- Proximity to town:
- 5 minutes walk from Rotorua I-site
Pricing and Conditions
- Other charges:
- Free tours on the hour (10-5 summer) (10-4 Winter)
- Further pricing information:
- Children (5-18 years) $8 Children under 5 years are free Senior (65+ years) $18 Family rates avaliable.