It’s awesome here, anytime of year. We offer a free bus & train shuttle from National Park Village. With family and studio units, backpacker or private rooms we cater for individuals, small groups, large groups and families, with camping available in the summer. A communal kitchen, lounge, dining room, DVD room, pool table, table tennis, free WiFi, spa pool and drying room, central heating in all rooms.
There are many activities to keep you entertained both on-site and off. Tramping, climbing, mountaineering, fishing, cycling, snowboarding, river rafting/canoeing/kayaking.
In the summer months our daily shuttle to the great one day walk, The Tongariro Alpine Crossing operates, and in the winter you can join a guided trip with local exper
The Crossing Backpackers, Erua Road East, National Park, Ruapehu, 3948, New Zealand.
- Business hours:
- 8.30am - 8.00pm
- Months of operation:
- All months of the year
Facilities and Features
- BBQ Facility
- Children Welcome
- Courtesy Transport
- Internet (Public Use)
- Spa Pool
- Waste Station
- Proximity to airport:
- Taupo Airport, 1hr &15min away
- Proximity to coach terminal:
- Intercity Bus - National Park Village, Overlander Train - National Park Village, We offer a free pickup and drop off to the train and bus station in National Park Village.
- Proximity to town:
- 6km from National Park Village, 20 min from Ohakune, 30 min from Taumarunui, 40 min from Turangi
- Number of rooms:
Pricing and Conditions
|High season||Low season|
|(Jun - Oct)||(Nov - May)|
|Per night||$16.00 - $125.00||$15.00 - $120.00|
- Other charges:
- See accommodation page on our website for full details
- Further pricing information:
- See accommodation page on our website for Package Deals