1 / 12
Paddle the Opawa river, into the 2000 hectare Wairau lagoon. You can get close to birds like royal spoonbill, blackfronted tern and bartailed godwit, your guide can teach you about the wildlife of this beautiful area. Kayak under cormorants nesting in a tree. A wonderful opportunity for wildlife photography.
Hear the stories of New Zealand's early history. The Wairau Bar was home to the Polynesian Moa Hunter, the first arrivals to new Zealand. Visit the archaeological fish traps. Hear the stories of the early European pioneers to the area.
Enjoy a homemade picnic on the shore including local cockles (shellfish) and a glass of Marlborough wine. Dietary requirments catered for if prior notice given. Evening tours are very popular.
Wairau Lagoon by Kayak, 749 Dillons Point Road, RD 3, Blenheim , Blenheim, Marlborough, 7273, New Zealand.
- Business hours:
- 8:00am - 6:00pm
- Months of operation:
- All months of the year
Facilities and Features
- Proximity to airport:
- 20 minutes from Marlborough Airport
- Proximity to coach terminal:
- 10 minutes from Blenheim bus stop
- Proximity to town:
- 25 minutes from Picton
Pricing and Conditions
- Further pricing information:
- Minimum of 2 people, one person by arrangement. In event of us cancelling a tour due to the weather being unfit, a full refund is offered or an alternative tour. Free pickup and drop off to Blenheim.