1 / 2
Cape Kidnappers is the largest, most accessible mainland nesting area of gannets in the world. The 25,000 gannets are members of the booby family with distinctive black eye markings & pale gold crown.
Visitors to the colony will see adults & young nesting in serred rows. In the air birds swoop & dive as they bring back fish. On the ground the pairs will preen & perform the dance of the Gannet recognition ritual.
Gannet Safaris has been guiding visitors in Cape Kidnappers for over 40 years. The only way of being driven to within a few metres of these remarkable birds.
Travel in a 4x4 air-conditioned vehicle to see riverbeds, broad rolling pastures & breathtaking views of Hawke's Bay. Go through stands of native bush & steep gullies.
Gannet Safaris Overland, 396 Clifton Road, Te Awanga, Napier, Hawkes Bay, 4180, New Zealand.
Horario de apertura
- Horario comercial:
- From the 1st September - 30th April tours are 9.30am and 1.30pm daily. (closed Christmas Day).
- Meses de funcionamiento:
- Jan, Feb, Mar, Apr, Sep, Oct, Nov, Dec
Instalaciones y características
- Proximidad con el aeropuerto:
- 40 minutes from Napier Airport
- Proximidad con el terminal de autobuses turísticos:
- 30 minutes Napier/Hastings
- Proximidad con el pueblo:
- 30 minutes from Napier or Hastings. 20 minutes from Havelock North
Precios y condiciones
(10 años o menos)
- Otros cargos:
- Children aged 5 (five) and under are free.
- Más información sobre precios:
- Group rate offered for 10+ adults Pick ups from Napier/Hasting/Havelock North by arrangement $30 per person return.