1. See penguins come ashore at night at the Oamaru Blue Penguin Colony.
2. Explore another era in the Victorian Precinct in Oamaru.
3. Spoil yourself with some award winning cheese at Whitestone Cheese factory.
4. Visit Steampunk exhibitions throughout Oamaru.
5. Experience the beauty of one the country's oldest public gardens in Oamaru.
6. Catch a live show at the Oamaru Opera House.
7. Swing into action at one of seven golf courses in the district.
8. Tour historic farm at Totara Estate.
9. Experience the freshest local produce at award winning restaurants.
10. Learn to ride a penny farthing at Oamaru Cycleworks.
11. View an exhibition at the Forrester Gallery.
12. Develop an understanding of the history of the district at the North Otago Museum.
13. Enjoy the great outdoors walking or cycling on local trails.
14. View incredible rock formations like the Clay Cliffs (pictured), Moeraki boulders, Elephant Rocks and Earthquakes.
15. Soak in a private hot tub in the day or under the stars at Omarama Hot Tubs
16. Glide over the beautiful Waitaki Valley at Glide Omarama.
17. Ski or board at local Ohau skifield.
18. Have a platter lunch and wine tasting at Kurow Winery.
19. View some original examples of Maori rock art in the Waitaki Valley.
20. Follow the fossil trail through the Waitaki Valley.
21. Go abseiling or rock climbing at Elephant Rocks with Vertical Ventures.
22. See a live sheep shearing show at Wrinkly Rams at Omarama.
23. Experience the cuisine of the region through a food and wine tour with Wine Tours Otago.
24. View hydro dam lakes from the air in a biplane from Omarama.
25. Tour a working gold mine at Oceana Gold Mine at Macraes.
26. Have lunch at Fleurs Place right by the ocean at Moeraki.
27. Catch a blue cod on a fishing charter at Moeraki.
28. View yellow eyed penguins and fur seal colony at Shag Point.
29. View stunning limestone sculptures at the Sculpture Park in Hampden
30. Have fun on uncrowded beaches down the coast.
Have you got a great story to tell? Add your own article