If you're keen to experience some off-slope adventures as well, you're in the right place. Queenstown/Wanaka and Canterbury are home to a range of fun, thrilling, high or low impact activities. Take a look at some of the best.
1. Shotover Jet - lightening fast jetboat ride
The Shotover Jet is popular with... pretty much everyone. There's nothing quite like flying through canyons at speed with unexpected twists & turns along the way, with the occassional light shower.
2. NZONE tandem skydive
Adrenaline-packed - your excitements levels might reach an all time high. The team at NZONE are experts in their field and will have you floating over epic views in comfort.
3. Onsen private indoor/outdoor hot pools
This is the perfect place to go if you're after a more leisurely activity. Soak in hot tubs surrounded by fresh mountain air. Enjoy cedar-lined bathrooms and sweeping views.
4. Amisfield okay it’s not really an adventure activity but the food & wine are delicious
Producers of Sauvignon Blanc, Riesling, Pinot Gris and Pinot Noir, the winery is located near Lake Hayes.
5. Ziptrek zipline through forest
Fun for you or a group of friends - get up close and personal with nature on a zipline adventure where you travel from platform to platform on steel cables. Take in views, and travel at speed if you choose to, up to 80 km/hr.
6. Tekapo Springs ice-skating take a spin on the ice
Set in a picture-perfect setting, this is fun activity for you and your family or friends to enjoy. If you want to brush up on your skills, you can even book a private lesson or two.
7. Methven Helisking a great way to combine a snow adventure with epic views
Methven Helisking cover a terrain of 3 mountain ranges and more than 250 runs. A typical day will include 5 runs and the itinerary can be tailored to suit your ability.
8. Tekapo Hot Springs go tubing in the snow park - or relax in hot pools, spas or saunas
Located at the base of St John in Lake Tekapo, here you can indulge in a range of activities from snow tubing to spa treatments.