Built in 1838-9, in 1840 this Wesleyan Mission house hosted the second gathering to discuss and sign the Treaty of Waitangi. The house overlooks the Hokianga Harbour and the historic mission cemetery. It is furnished with missionary items, relics of the days when nearby Horeke was a ship building yard, and portraits of missionaries and their main protector, Patuone.
The house was moved to Onehunga in the 19th century,where it was used as a Methodist parsonage and then sold to private owners. It was returned to the Mangungu site in the 1970s, restored on behalf of the NZHPT, and opened as a museum in 1977.