1 / 12
Horse riding within the Paparoa National Park. Our 2.5 hour ride (allow up to 3 hours) follows the Punakaiki river, crossing the river a few times and up into the Punakaiki valley. Spectacular limestone cliffs, abundant bird life and lush native bush within the Paparoa National Park. We stop for light refreshments at a bush hut. The route follows the Punakaiki river to the Punakaiki lagoon, with the ride finishing along the Punakaiki beach.
Our treks cater for experienced and novice riders. Tuition is given at the start of each ride.
Our horses roam in the Punakaiki valley when not in work and are well cared for.
We are 500m south of the Pancake Rocks, Punakaiki.
We also offer personalized rides. We have been established since 1996
Punakaiki Horse treks, Main Road, State highway 6, Punakaiki, Punakaiki, West Coast, New Zealand.
- Business hours:
- 9am - 6pm
- Months of operation:
- Jan, Feb, Mar, Apr, May, Jun, Jul, Oct, Nov, Dec
Facilities and Features
- Proximity to airport:
- Westport 60km, Hokitika 82km, Christchurch 380km
- Proximity to coach terminal:
- drop off at driveway or 700m away.
- Proximity to town:
Pricing and Conditions
|Adult||$190.00 - $240.00|
- Age restriction:
- Other charges:
- led ride for children half an hour @$50.00
- Further pricing information:
- Can offer free camper van park to self contained vehicles.