1 / 6
Your tour will be accessed by special permission through a privately owned property, one of the earliest farms in Marlborough.
Enjoy views of the Wairau Lagoon, the first place of human landfall. To the east view Cloudy Bay, once a whaling capital of New Zealand. To the south view the plains of Flaxbourne were the first sheep grazed in the South Island. Your guide will bring the landscape to life by telling you pioneer stories.
This is a nature lovers paradise, take a walk in the conservation reserve, where regenerating forest is home to many native birds. Walk on the private beach, where shells and sea creatures are washed onto the shore. The towering White Bluffs make a wonderful photographic study.
Hot drink and baking provided.
Wairau Lagoon by Vehicle (four hour), 749 Dillons Point Road, RD 3, Blenheim , Blenheim, Marlborough, 7273, New Zealand.
- Business hours:
- 8.00am - 6.00pm
- Months of operation:
- Jan, Feb, Mar, Apr, May, Jun, Jul, Oct, Nov, Dec
Facilities and Features
- Proximity to airport:
- We are 20 minutes from Marlborough Airport
- Proximity to coach terminal:
- We are 10 minutes from the Blenheim railway station and bus stop
- Proximity to town:
- We are 25 minutes from Picton
Pricing and Conditions
- Further pricing information:
- Minimum of 2 people, one person by arrangement. In event of us cancelling a tour due to the weather being unfit, a full refund is offered or an alternative tour. Free pickup and drop off to Picton and Blenheim.