1 / 9
The Otorohanga Kiwi House & Native Bird Park has been breeding Kiwi since 1971. The not-for-profit wildlife and conservation centre displays Kiwi birds all day in special nocturnal houses. And it breeds rare and endangered native New Zealand wildlife.
The family-friendly Park offers close up viewing NZ's national bird, the Kiwi. The rare and iconic birds are housed in specialised nocturnal houses complete with burrow cameras. There are also ponds, wetland areas and walk-through aviaries including a giant dome aviary. Open daily, except Christmas Day. All ticket sales are reinvested in the Park's wildlife & conservation work.
Otorohanga Kiwi House and Native Bird Park, 20 Alex Telfer Drive, Otorohanga, Otorohanga, Hamilton - Waikato, 3900, New Zealand.
- Business hours:
- Daily (except Christmas Day) from 9am - 5pm
- Months of operation:
- All months of the year
Facilities and Features
- Proximity to airport:
- Auckland International Airport 200 kms
- Proximity to coach terminal:
- 1 km
- Proximity to town:
- 15 minutes from Waitomo Caves, 2.5 hours from Auckland, 1.5 hours from Rotorua & Taupo
Pricing and Conditions
(15 year(s) and under)
- Other charges:
- Child (5-15 years accompanied by an adult) $10; Family Special (2 adults, up to 3 children) $65; School groups: $3 per child and accompanying adult
- Further pricing information:
- Child (5-15 years, accompanied by an adult) $10 Under 5 year olds - FREE entry Family Special (2 adults, up to 3 children) $65 (a $17 saving)