1 / 4
From Christchurch we cross the Southern Alps via Arthurs Pass to start cycling the trail at Ross. We experience a treetop canopy walk before continuing along the coast to Hokitika and then inland to the serene setting of Lake Kaniere and the spectacular Hokitika Gorge nestled in the Southern Alps.
After negotiating some swing bridges and switchback climbs it's all downhill to our accommodation at the beautifully restored historical Theatre Royal Hotel in Kumara. We enjoy a final night at Punakaiki known for its interesting Pancake Rocks before returning to Christchurch, aboard the TranzAlpine Express, one of New Zealand's great train rides.
West Coast Wilderness Cycle Tour | Adventure South NZ, 29 Iversen Terrace, Christchurch, Christchurch - Canterbury, 8011, New Zealand.
- Business hours:
- 8:30am to 5pm
- Months of operation:
- Jan, Feb, Mar, Apr, Oct, Nov, Dec
Facilities and Features
- Proximity to airport:
- About 30 minutes for the airport
- Proximity to coach terminal:
- About 10-15 min.
- Proximity to town:
- Situated just outside the CBD, easy to access
Pricing and Conditions
- Other charges:
- Bike hire, Single supplent, Public Holiday supplement
- Further pricing information:
- See our website for more details. Our booking form contains full terms and conditions