1 / 3
Nestled between a sparkling harbour and rolling green hills, Wellington offers many adventurous excursions, from mountain biking to kayaking, helicopter rides to 4WD-ing. Adventure enthusiasts can also check out the regions of Kapiti Coast, Lower and Upper Hutt and Wairarapa for more options.
Explore the harbour and waterfront
• Hire a bike or inline skates and experience Wellington’s beautiful waterfront like the locals do, making time for a delicious Kaffee Eis Italian gelato.
• Snorkel for some paua to cook up or explore the sunken Frigate 69 with a scuba dive.
• Climb the indoor rock wall at Ferg’s Kayaks.
Action on wheels
• Check out Wellington’s rugged South Coast and native fur seals on a 4WD adventure with Seal Coast Safari.
• Challenge yourself with some mountain biking with Wellington Rover Tours (Mountain Bike Wellington).
• Find your way to Mud Cycles to hire a bike before experiencing Makara Peak, famous amongst mountain biking enthusiasts.
• Get a thrill with a quad biking adventure, through 100km of tracks and kilometres of private coastline with Wellington Adventure Quad Bike Expeditions.
• Get off the beaten track in style aboard CAT's Mercedes Benz Unimog for a 4WD scenic tour.
• Head up the coast to Kapiti – around one hour away – and do some quad biking with Kapiti Four x 4, then laze in the sun, enjoying one of their many beaches.
Up in the air
• Get a different view of the Wairarapa wine region from a hot air balloon.
• Take up the challenge at Adrenalin Forest - a series of rope bridges, Tarzan swings, Indiana jumps and flying foxes from platforms constructed in the tree canopy.
More ways to get the adrenalin pumping
• Enjoy a ride through over 600 hectares of scenic farmland on a horse trek.
• Get a group together and head to Boomrock and choose from a Mercedes Benz Drive Experience, Clay Shooting, Extreme Golf, Archery, Knife throwing, and Sheep Mustering.
• Surf the waves of Lyall Bay just 15 minutes from the city centre.
• Have awith a choice of at least 10 golf courses within a 30minute drive.
• Charter a boat to do some fishing.
After all that hard work, be sure to reward yourself with some yummy food at one of Wellington’s numerous cafes, bars and restaurants!
Avez-vous une super histoire à raconter? Ajouter votre propre article