1 / 4
The South Island’s West Coast is wild and rugged, yet immensely beautiful. Wave-pounded coastlines, lush temperate rainforests, the island’s highest mountains and accessible glaciers all feature. The first settlers came in search of gold but now coal mining and increasingly, tourism are the region’s lifeblood.
- See the Punakaiki Rocks and blowholes
- Join a wildlife eco-cruise across Lake Mapourika
- Pan for gold in the replica gold mining town Shantytown
- Watch greenstone being carved in Hokitika
- Take a heli-hike or guided walk on the glaciers
- Marvel at Lake Matheson’s mirror reflection
- Cruise down the Haast River Valley
Start planning your own New Zealand adventure today! At Discover The World we pride ourselves on our ability to tailor make a holiday to suit you. Simply contact us, give one of our accredited Tourism New Zealand Kiwi specialists an idea of your travel dates, interests and budget, and we will do the rest.
Avez-vous une super histoire à raconter? Ajouter votre propre article