1 / 5
From its source at the blue springs to where it enters the Hauraki gulf, Te Waihou winds its way gently northwards.
Your guide will take you on a tour of the historic town of Te Aroha where you will learn about some of the rich culture, history and wild geology of the area. The tour then travels to Waiorongomi to where a gold mining settlement used to thrive.
Once at your departure point on the Waihou river you will be given expert instruction on how to navigate your kayak down the river safely.
This section of river flows mainly through rural land, don't forget to look up and take in the majestic views of the mountain range a truly fantastic sight from the river perspective.
Keep a sharp eye out for the wide variety of bird life.
Adventure Te Aroha, 1 Honi street Te Aroha , Te Aroha, Hamilton - Waikato, New Zealand.
- Mois de fonctionnement :
- Tous les mois de l'année
Équipements et caractéristiques
- Proximité de l'aéroport :
- 90 minutes from Auckland airport. 40 minutes from Hamilton airport.
Tarifs et conditions
(16 an(s) et moins)
- Autres frais :
- $110 family pass [2 adults 2 children]
- Davantage d'informations sur les prix :
- Children under 16 yrs must be accompanied by a competent adult. Children from 15kg can go in a double kayak with competent adult. Prior kayaking experience is not necessary as instruction will be given but a moderate level of fitness is required.