A giant 100,000 year old Kauri tree has been exposed for viewing & is part of a vast forest buried beneath Gumdiggers Park. Information spots and an audio visual show describe the cataclysmic events which could have caused this destruction. Studies by international scientists on the kauri timber are described, depicting past and future global weather patterns.
The site includes an authentic preserved 100 year old gum field, recreated gum diggers village with huts made in the traditional way from jute sacks. Original equipment can be found along our discovery trail as well as a gecko house with rare Northland Geckos. Unique Kauri Wood, Kauri Gum and NZ Amber crafts are available along with other NZ themed gifts. All this and alot more.
Gumdiggers Park, 171 Heath Road, Waiharara , Awanui, Northland, 0486, New Zealand.
- Horaires d'ouverture :
- 'Summer 9am-5pm Winter 10am - 4pm
- Mois de fonctionnement :
- Tous les mois de l'année
Équipements et caractéristiques
- Proximité de l'aéroport :
- Approx. 15 mins to Kaitaia Airport
- Proximité de la gare routière :
- Approx. 20kms from Kaitaia
- Proximité de la ville :
- Approx. 20kms from Kaitaia. Approx. 30 min drive
Tarifs et conditions
- Autres frais :
- Family 2 Adults & 2 or more Children $30.00
- Davantage d'informations sur les prix :
- 10% discount if Tourism NZ or PureNZ Website mentioned at time of entry