1 / 7
After a 4WD van trip and stunning photo stops en route you will discover Pohatu Marine reserve & the Helps Sheep and cattle property which is also the largest Little Penguin colony on mainland New Zealand nesting site.
The Helps Family have worked on penguin conservation on their land for 25 years and have run these trips for 17 years.
Our penguin viewing is of a natural undisturbed colony. You will see penguins up close as artificial nest boxes are monitored, you will see them socializing on the water and see the first groups coming ashore under our hides just before darkness forces our retreat.
As Yellow Eyed Penguins breed at the bay they are often seen on the tour.
The operator has a penguin permit to care for sick or injured penguins.
Pohatu Penguins safaris, Unit 2, 8 Rue Balguerie, Akaroa, Christchurch - Canterbury, 7520, New Zealand.
- Mois de fonctionnement :
- Tous les mois de l'année
Équipements et caractéristiques
- Proximité de l'aéroport :
- Akaroa is an hour and half drive away from Christchurch Airport.
- Proximité de la gare routière :
- The daily shuttles pick up and drop off 100 metres away of our office.
- Proximité de la ville :
- Our office is in Akaroa, just behind the BNZ bank at Unit 2, 8 Rue Balguerie.
Tarifs et conditions
(15 an(s) et moins)