1 / 5
It’s so easy to do. The closest ski area to Christchurch, an easy access road, fantastic learner slopes and a mountain of terrain for experts.
Significant investment in snow making, snow-fencing and grooming helps ensure fantastic snow conditions. A Carpet-lift makes progression for beginners easy, and platter lift provides one of the best intermediate slopes for progression in the country. The Easyrider Chairlift and Three T-bars provide access to a plethora of intermediate and advanced ski and board terrain.
A world class Snowsport School, fully equipped rental department and workshop, and fully licensed cafe and bar offering hearty local fare and delicious espresso coffee.
Visit Porters for a truly unique New Zealand snow experience.View our lift pass prices View our snow report
Are their shuttles to the ski field?
A range of different shuttle transport options are available from Christchurch, Methven, and Springfield. Additionally, a complimentary mountain access road shuttle is available for Porters customers, bookings essential.
Can I purchase food at the ski area?
There is a fully-licensed café at Porters serving a wide range of homestyle food prepared daily, mouth-watering espresso coffee, beer and wine.
What type of lessons does the ski area provide?
The Porters Snow School offers a range of ski and snowboard lessons for all ages and ability levels including first timers, group lessons, private lessons and a ski academy.
Does the ski area have a terrain park?
The Porters Community Park offers a wide range of beginner and intermediate terrain park features for skiers and snowbaorders.
Does the ski area offer any childcare or crèche services?
There is no childcare available, however Porters offers an interchangeable parents' day pass for families with toddlers (under 3 years).
Porters Ski Area Ltd, State Highway 73, Springfield, Canterbury, Springfield, Christchurch - Canterbury, 7681, New Zealand.
- Horaires d'ouverture :
- Lifts operate 9am - 4pm, 7 days
- Mois de fonctionnement :
- Jun, Jul, Aug, Sep
Équipements et caractéristiques
- Proximité de l'aéroport :
- Just over an hour's drive (89 km) from Christchurch International Airport.
- Proximité de la ville :
- We are located just over an hour's drive (94 km) from Christchurch City, and 20 minutes (33 km) from the country town of Springfield. We’re 8km from the main rd - SHW73 enroute to Greymouth.
Tarifs et conditions
|Adulte||$79.00 - $99.00|
- Davantage d'informations sur les prix :
- Children 10 years and under ski for free, over 65 years - youth rates apply. Very short and safe road access only 4km from mountain base. Mt ski shuttle available when chains required so you can park at the base and ride up, also available during weekend and holiday period, on request other times.