1 / 3
Reef building is done around the world with good results of increasing fish diversity and numbers. Here in New Zealand we go a step further and incorporate Maori environmental principles of 'kaitiakitanga' to gain even greater results.
As far as is known, this is New Zealand's only private reef building effort. It has no funding from outside. Hence we welcome your involvement. We believe this is an important model to progress and its principles could one day well be used worldwide.
For it is not just about putting concrete modules in the sea but equally about building a true partnership with marine life leading to a sustainable environment use.
REAF Workshops, 16 Wharf Street, Opotiki, Eastland, 3122, New Zealand.
- Mois de fonctionnement :
- Tous les mois de l'année
Équipements et caractéristiques
- Proximité de l'aéroport :
- Opotiki airport has a helicopter pad and grass runway for light planes.
- Proximité de la gare routière :
- Most buses stop 500m away at The Hot Bread Shop.
- Proximité de la ville :
- Located in Opotiki township by waterfront
Tarifs et conditions
- Autres frais :
- Includes 2 nights accommodation at The Wharf Hub, meals, naming rights.