Taupo Courthouse & Tapuaeharuru Redoubt

Redoubt from 1870 and pumice magazine building and courthouse from the 1880's are available for outside viewing at all times.

Nous contacter

About

In 1870 the Armed Constabulary built a redoubt here for defence against Te Kooti; there was never any fighting here, and it was abandoned in 1885. A pumice magazine building stands in one corner of the redoubt. The Hall (1881) nearby was opened as a theatre, and converted to a courthouse in 1887. The hall is now the home of the Taupo Kohanga Reo (language nest). Outside viewing is available at all times.

Carte

[getdirections]

Adresse postale

Taupo Courthouse & Tapuaeharuru Redoubt, Taupo Domain, Taupo, Lake Taupo, New Zealand.

Nous contacter

Le contenu sur cette page a été créé par Taupo Courthouse & Tapuaeharuru Redoubt

Ce site Web aide les visiteurs à entrer en contact avec les prestataires d'activités touristiques en Nouvelle-Zélande. Il n'a pas pour but de garantir qu'un prestataire en particulier respecte certaines normes de qualité ou obligations légales. Veuillez contacter directement l'entreprise pour obtenir de plus amples informations. Veuillez également consulter: newzealand.com Conditions d'utilisation.