1 / 4
We start our private tour for you alone where our story begins: on the shores of Waimarama beach where the migration canoe was dragged ashore to make repairs over 700 years ago. The travellers stayed and established the great fortress of Hakikino which we visit next.
As you walk the pathways and experience the remaining pockets of native plants, forests and wetland areas in the Conservation Reserve you will gain insight as to how these ancient people lived.
We return to the coast, almost to where it began when we visit the Marae reservation where the current cultural heartbeat of the people beats strongly today.
Let our elders share with you these sacred sites: the bush lore, the folk lore, the hopes and aspirations of the people.
Waimarama Maori Tours - Walk with the Ancestors, P O Box 8065, Waimarama, Havelock North, Hawkes Bay, New Zealand.
- Horaires d'ouverture :
- sunrise to sunset
- Mois de fonctionnement :
- Tous les mois de l'année
Équipements et caractéristiques
- Proximité de l'aéroport :
- 50 minutes to Napier Airport
- Proximité de la gare routière :
- 40 minutes to Hastings bus terminal
- Proximité de la ville :
- 35 minutes to Havelock North
Tarifs et conditions
- Autres frais :
- 2 person minimum, transportation costs may apply, children under 15 must be accompanied by two paying adults.