1 / 6
Paddle the Opawa river, into the 2000 hectare Wairau lagoon. You can get close to birds like royal spoonbill, blackfronted tern and bartailed godwit, your guide can teach you about the wildlife of this beautiful area. Kayak under cormorants nesting in a tree. A wonderful opportunity for wildlife photography.
Hear the stories of New Zealand's early history. The Wairau Bar was home to the Polynesian Moa Hunter, the first arrivals to new Zealand. Visit the archaeological fish traps. Hear the stories of the early European pioneers to the area.
Enjoy a homemade picnic on the shore. Evening tours are very popular.
No previous experience is required. Choose from single or double kayaks. The tour is for 2-8 people.
Wairau Lagoon by Kayak, 749 Dillons Point Road, RD 3, Blenheim , Blenheim, Marlborough, 7273, New Zealand.
- Horaires d'ouverture :
- 8:00am - 6:00pm
- Mois de fonctionnement :
- Tous les mois de l'année
Équipements et caractéristiques
- Proximité de l'aéroport :
- 20 minutes from Marlborough Airport
- Proximité de la gare routière :
- 10 minutes from Blenheim bus stop
- Proximité de la ville :
- 25 minutes from Picton
Tarifs et conditions
- Davantage d'informations sur les prix :
- Minimum of 2 people, one person by arrangement. In event of us cancelling a tour due to the weather being unfit, a full refund is offered or an alternative tour. Free pickup and drop off to Blenheim.