1 / 9
When you visit The Alpaca Place, you will be given a guided tour, you’ll meet our beautiful and friendly alpacas – the boys, the girls, and the babies! Get up close and personal with our gentle alpacas with their big eyes and long, long lashes. Discover the history of alpacas in New Zealand and how alpacas changed our lives, plus our alpacas have stories of their own.
Take our pet alpaca (including our miniature alpaca, Bracken, on a walk - they will be ready to give you a cuddle, too - an encounter you'll never forget. Following your tour you will be invited to partake of a free cup of tea or coffee while you browse our on-farm store stocked with New Zealand alpaca products.
The Alpaca Place, 365 Bluff Rangitumau Rd, RD 11, Masterton, Masterton, Wairarapa, 5871, New Zealand.
- Business hours:
- Tours depart 10:30am and 1:30pm every day except Thursday.Booking is required. Phone/email to arrange.
- Months of operation:
- All months of the year
Facilities and Features
- Proximity to airport:
- 20 minutes from Masterton airport, 1 1/2 hours from Wellington
- Proximity to coach terminal:
- 10 minutes
- Proximity to town:
- 10minutes from Masterton city centre
Pricing and Conditions
(14 year(s) and under)
- Other charges:
- Children under 7 years are free