It’s awesome here, anytime of year. Warm in the winter, cool in the summer. Relax after a day on the mountains. We have dorm rooms, single or twin share, double, ensuite double, and family units available for your convenience.
There are many activities to keep you entertained both on-site and off. Tramping, climbing, mountaineering, fishing, cycling, snowboarding, river rafting/canoeing/kayaking, and the world famous Tongariro Alpine Crossing.
You name it, you can do it from here. Be it relaxation or excitement you are after, you're sure to have a great time.
The Crossing Backpackers, Erua Road East, National Park, Ruapehu, 3948, New Zealand.
- Business hours:
- 8.30am - 8.00pm
- Months of operation:
- All months of the year
Facilities and Features
- BBQ Facility
- Children Welcome
- Courtesy Transport
- Internet (Public Use)
- Spa Pool
- Waste Station
- Proximity to airport:
- Taupo Airport, 1hr &15min away
- Proximity to coach terminal:
- Intercity Bus - National Park Village, Overlander Train - National Park Village, We offer a free pickup and drop off to the train and bus station in National Park Village.
- Proximity to town:
- 4km from National Park Village, 20 min from Ohakune, 30 min from Taumarunui, 40 min from Turangi
- Number of rooms:
Pricing and Conditions
|High season||Low season|
|(Jun - Oct)||(Nov - May)|
|Per night||$29.00 - $120.00||$15.00 - $120.00|
- Other charges:
- See accommodation page on our website for full details
- Further pricing information:
- See accommodation page on our website for Package Deals