1 / 6
Tongariro Expeditions provides transport, gear and maps to the Tongariro National Park Area from Taupo, Turangi, Base Camp and Ketetahi.
The Tongariro Alpine Crossing is a 6-8 hour challenging grade hike over Mt Tongariro. In the summer the side summits of Mt Ngauruhoe and Mt Tongariro are also available. Known as the best one day hike in NZ it is a must do for anyone travelling through New Zealand.
During the winter months cramp-ons are required.
We are always happy to offer our advice.
Tongariro Expeditions Tongariro Alpine Crossing, Rakaunui Road, Tongariro, Lake Taupo, New Zealand.
- Business hours:
- 8:00am - 8:00pm
- Months of operation:
- All months of the year
Facilities and Features
- Proximity to airport:
- Taupo Airport or Rotorua Airport
- Proximity to coach terminal:
- We can drop you at the bus station after the trip if needed
- Proximity to town:
- We pick up from your accommodation in town
Pricing and Conditions
|Adult||$30.00 - $65.00|
- Other charges:
- Hire gear as needed
- Further pricing information:
- You MUST call the day before to select your pick up time from those available on the day and to confirm pick up point eg accommodation. Please prepare yourself for conditions on the Tongariro Alpine Crossing adequately. Please be waiting outside on the road side at least ten minutes before the bus is due so that you do not miss the bus. If you miss the bus there is no refund. We go by and share a MetService weather report. We do not take responsibility for a change in the forecast.