If you are headed to Auckland for your next vacation trip, then congratulations! Auckland is New Zealand’s largest city where you can enjoy shopping, dining and experience the combination of urban and water and wildlife environment!
It is not just the center of business and commerce in the country but also full of interesting things to do and see. While in Auckland, you are within half an hour from beautiful beaches, hiking trails and a dozen of enchanted islands. Add to that a sunny climate and a wide array of outstanding food, wine and shopping destinations from the largest and most diverse city in the country. If you want to explore the region and experience the amazing adventures it offers, plan your travel properly. Check out a few key attractions that you and your friends may enjoy.
1. Visit the Sky Tower, a popular tourist attraction for travelers and travel 328 meters up in glass fronted lifts to the spectacular viewing platforms. From above you will see the stunning views over Auckland then consider doing a Sky walk or Sky jump!
2. Take a cruise on a classic yacht; meet the local marine mammals at Auckland’s Dolphin Explorer. You can also experience the thrill of sailing on a genuine America’s Cup racing yacht or take a ferry across to Devonport where you can enjoy a little shopping spree or exploration of the WWII tunnels and gun emplacements.
3. Dine at the numerous cafes and restaurants in the harbor. The Viaduct Harbour, Britomart Precinct and Wynyard Quarter offer a wide range of cafes and restaurants you can enjoy. You can eat and enjoy a glass of wine while watching the harbor, the boats of the people passing by.
4. Visit the Auckland gallery and marvel at the beautiful modern and historical artworks of the country. You can also watch the daily Maori cultural performances which includes a welcome dance, poi dance, stick game and weaponry display and haka.
5. Go on a shopping spree along Queen Street, Ponsonby or Parnell. Auckland is the best place to shop because of the many shopping centers scattered in the area. It is considered as a shopaholic paradise with everything from top designers to open air street markets, you are sure to find something that will suit your budget.
Auckland is indeed an exciting place to visit during a family vacation or a romantic get-away. Being the largest urban hub, it offers plenty of things to do and beautiful places to see.
If you are looking for accomodation check out http://www.nzHolidayHomes.co.nz/