10. Visit the Mayfair Theatre - A fantastic community owned and run 1920's art deco building screening the latest blockbusters and popular movies.
9. Seal Colony / Peninsula - An impressive walk suitable for families. Along the way seeing NZ Fur Seals and various species of sea and land birds, discovery life in the rock pools and take in the beautiful snow capped mountains in the back ground as you walk along the edge of the Pacific Ocean.
8. Kaikoura Seafood BBQ - A beachside shack serving crayfish, whitebait fritters, scallops and all manner of delicious seafood – all at extremely reasonable prices.
7. Maori Tours Kaikoura - Maori Tours Kaikoura offers an intimate and interactive Maori cultural experience. Guests journey deep into the natural, cultural and social world of modern Maori, gaining an insight and appreciation of what it is to be Maori today.
6. Skydive Kaikoura - Experience the extreme thrill of tandem skydiving in New Zealand by doing a skydive over Kaikoura’s breathtaking coastal and alpine scenery.
5. Fyffe House - Built on whale bones, Kaikoura's oldest house is all that remains of the town's 1840s whaling station. Immerse yourself in the beautiful setting and explore our history.
4. Seal Swim Kaikoura - Snorkelling with New Zealand Fur Seals, in the shallow waters of the beautiful Kaikoura Peninsula, truly is a unique experience. It's one of those simple nature experiences that opens your mind to the sheer magnificence of our natural environment and its amazing inhabitants. Click here for a sneak preview of what it is like to swim with these amazing creatures.
3. Encounter Kaikoura - Encounter Kaikoura has been providing boat tours to swim with and watch the dusky dolphins and other wildlife since 1989. The business is owned and operated by local Kaikourians with a passion for the rich environment in which they have lived in all their lives.
2. Kaikoura I-Site– Visit the friendly team at the local I-Site who can tell you about the many other amazing activities there are to do here such as: surfing, skiing, horse riding, 4 WD motor biking, fishing, bird watching and so much more...
1. Whale Watch Kaikoura - Whale Watch is New Zealand's only marine-based whale watching company offering visitors an exciting up-close encounter with the Giant Sperm Whale at all times of the year.
Have you got a great story to tell? Add your own article