1 / 8
Gain an insight into the Ecology and Conservation of New Zealand’s native species while enjoying this relaxed walk with friendly, knowledgeable guides. This is great for all ages and has something for everyone! Get close to rare Weka. See or hear other birds like tui, warblers, fantails & fernbirds. Learn about native plants and their uses. Hunt for Weta (the gentle giants of the insect world). Understand the conservation challenges facing native wildlife and what we are doing to protect it.
Walks last 2 hours and we specialise in small groups (maximum 8). Every ticket sold contributes to our Conservation Project.
Our private Forest and Kiwi Conservation Area is only 2.5 km from Russell, in the beautiful Bay of Islands.
Russell Nature Walks - Ecology Walk, 6080 Russell Whakapara Road, Russell, Northland, New Zealand.
- Business hours:
- Daily at 10am and at other times by arrangement
- Months of operation:
- Jan, Feb, Mar, Apr, May, Sep, Oct, Nov, Dec
Facilities and Features
- Proximity to airport:
- 35 km from Bay of Islands Airport
- Proximity to coach terminal:
- 15 minute ferry trip to Paihia.
- Proximity to town:
- 2.5km from Russell
Pricing and Conditions
(16 year(s) and under)
- Other charges:
- Family Rate (2 adults + 2 children): $135. 10% Discount for groups of 4 or more adults. We can arrange transport for an additional charge.
- Further pricing information:
- Our walks are suitable for most fitness levels but there are steps. Please wear shoes (not jandals) and clothing appropriate for the weather.