1 / 3
Go let the dogs off, jump in the truck and let’s cut a track. Farm talk!
The day at the farm is a leisurely affair hanging out on a sheep, cattle and deer farm. We’ll drive around the farm and see what’s happening today while introducing you to some local characters and learning about the different dynamics of these three types of stock animals.
From the woolshed where the sheep are shorn, to the deer yards where the velvet is harvested. If it’s winter we may even get stuck in feeding hay to all the animals or moving some sheep to fresh feed. Don’t worry we’ll have some help from Dell, Lulu, Spud or Meg – the farm dog crew.
In summer this can be fitted in around other adventures late afternoon and evening.
Salt+Earth, A Day on the Farm, 93 Dusky Street, Te Anau, Fiordland, New Zealand.
- Months of operation:
- All months of the year
Facilities and Features
- Proximity to airport:
- 2 hrs drive from Queenstown Airport
- Proximity to coach terminal:
- To Door (depending on supplier)
- Proximity to town:
- 10 minutes walk to restaurants & shops in Te Anau, 1 mins drive
Pricing and Conditions
- Other charges:
- For max 2 people
- Further pricing information:
- Prices applicable for 18/19 summer season. Courtesy transport.