This is a working dairy farm with 225 cows on 75 hectares of attractive, rolling countryside. The Waihou and Waimakariri Rivers here hold abundant supplies of both rainbow and brown trout.
Our farmstay offers an excellent place to stay and use as your base to fish, and visit local attractions. We are just 3 kilometres from Tirau on the Rotorua Road, and 30 minutes from Rotorua.
We are only 15 minutes from Hobbiton and 50 minutes to the Waitomo Caves, and 20 minutes to Cambridge - very close to major attractions in the area.
The unit has a queen bed, and bunks in the other bedroom. We have a 46" flatscreen TV with Sky.
Free Wi-Fi Internet is available.
All linen is supplied, with clean towels daily.
Trout Fishing Farmstay at Tirau, 357 State Highway 5, Tirau, Hamilton - Waikato, New Zealand.
- Business hours:
- Check in after 3 pm or earlier by arrangement, and check out 11 am
- Months of operation:
- All months of the year
Facilities and Features
- BBQ Facility
- Children Welcome
- Internet (Public Use)
- Sky - communal
- Proximity to airport:
- 46 kms to Hamilton Airport, 168 kms to Auckland Airport
- Proximity to coach terminal:
- 3 kms to Tirau
- Proximity to town:
- 3 kilometres to Tirau
- Number of rooms:
Pricing and Conditions
|Per night||$125.00 - $200.00|
- Further pricing information:
- One night for 2 people $150 Two or more nights $125 a night $25 every extra person Free farm tour where you will be shown where all the good fishing spots are (over 3 kilometres of rivers to choose from).