1 / 2
Along the way you'll cycle along a quiet country road through beautiful tussock high country and enjoy stunning views of the Von River, surrounding mountains and snow covered Mount Earnslaw at the head of Lake Wakatipu.
The group is accompanied by a van with cycle trailer enabling you to cycle as much or as little as you choose.
You will visit an authentic working musterer's hut (Walter Peak Station's Whiteburn Hut) for lunch and and cycle past the Old Nic Hut (Mt Nicholas Station) and learn all about the neighbouring high country farm stations. On arrival back at Walter Peak we visit the Colonel’s Homestead before boarding the TSS Earnslaw back to Queenstown.
Group size is 9, picnic lunch, hot drinks and scones provided.
One day guided Ride - Walter Peak start, Outside Sports Building, 9 Shotover Street, Central Queenstown, Queenstown, New Zealand.
- Business hours:
- 10am to 5:30pm
- Months of operation:
- Jan, Feb, Mar, Apr, Nov, Dec
Facilities and Features
- Proximity to airport:
- It's 10 km from Queenstown airport to Central Queenstown
- Proximity to town:
- The trip leaves from the Earnslaw wharf in the town centre
Pricing and Conditions
(14 year(s) and under)
- Age restriction:
- Further pricing information:
- Group size limited to 9 per guide Picnic lunch, hot drinks and afternoon tea included 3 - 4 hours leisurely cycling (15-35 kms depending on fitness) Quiet back country road through mostly gently rolling terrain Moderate fitness required Suitable for children 10 years and over