1 / 8
Kaikoura has a greater variety of seabird species within a small area than anywhere along the New Zealand coastline. It is Kaikoura's proximity to the deep ocean canyon systems which is largely responsible for providing the abundant wildlife which has led to Kaikoura becoming a "must visit" destination.
A large array of seabirds, including albatross (up to12 species) petrels, shearwaters, prions and much more can be found within easy reach of our shores. The Albatross Encounter enables you to get up close to the seabirds, allowing for some fantastic photo opportunities.
Albatross Encounter, 96 Esplanade, Kaikoura, Christchurch - Canterbury, New Zealand.
- Business hours:
- Tours operate at 9.00am and 1.00pm With an additional 6.00am tour in Summer. 1 November-30 April (exact additional tour dates vary due to demand).
- Months of operation:
- All months of the year
Facilities and Features
- Proximity to airport:
- 2.5 hours to Christchurch International Airport.
- Proximity to coach terminal:
- 800 metres.
- Proximity to town:
- Kaikoura is 2.5 hours from Christchurch and 1.5 hours from Blenheim.
Pricing and Conditions
(14 year(s) and under)
- Age restriction:
- Further pricing information:
- Famils available on request - you need to see this tour to believe it.