1 / 6
Alpine Recreation provides wilderness skiing at its best.
Alpine and Telemark Ski Touring amongst the glaciers of the Mount Cook and Westland National Parks with professional mountain and ski guides. From huts based at the top of the Tasman, Franz Josef or Fox Glaciers, undertake spectacular ski ascents and descents of adjacent peaks.
For less advanced skiers and those new to ski touring we also provide backcountry touring from our comfortable private hut high above Lake Tekapo. From here you undertake day tours in the rolling basins of the Two Thumb Range with wide-sweeping views across the Mackenzie Basin and to the Southern Alps. This terrain is great for cruising and enjoying the landscape.
Alpine Ski Touring - Glaciers, 30 Murray Place, Lake Tekapo, Christchurch - Canterbury, 7999, New Zealand.
- Business hours:
- Phone attended 8.30am-6pm every day.
- Months of operation:
- Jul, Aug, Sep, Oct
Facilities and Features
- Proximity to airport:
- 3 hours drive from Christchurch or Queenstown airports
- Proximity to coach terminal:
- Buses travelling between Christchurch and Queenstown stop daily in Tekapo
- Proximity to town:
- 5 minutes walk from Tekapo town centre
Pricing and Conditions
|Adult||$1,890.00 - $3,290.00|
- Age restriction:
- Other charges:
- Cost of helicopter or glacier plane access not included
- Further pricing information:
- Group discounts available for group bookings of 3 or more