1 / 7
Located in Leigh (just one hour north of Auckland), the Goat Island NZ Glass Bottom Boat is a popular, fully commentated 45-minute tour showcasing the area’s abundant marine life, fauna, birds, reefs and caves. During the trip, guests learn about the history and preservation of New Zealand’s first marine reserve.
Owned and operated by experienced skipper Scott Pennington, the 49-seat glass bottom boat “Aquador” runs multiple trips daily, departing from the beach at Goat Island Marine Reserve. Tours run pending weather and sea conditions, and marine life varies with each trip – while there are always fish, it’s not unusual to see dolphins, whales and orcas during the trip!
Kayak & snorkel hire available on the beach. Bookings essential.
Goat Island NZ Glass Bottom Boat Tour, Goat Island Road, Goat Island Marine Reserve, Leigh, Auckland, 0947, New Zealand.
- Business hours:
- Depending on sea and wind conditions. Bookings and confirmation essential
- Months of operation:
- Jan, Feb, Mar, Apr, May, Sep, Oct, Nov, Dec
Facilities and Features
- Proximity to airport:
- 100km to Auckland airport
- Proximity to coach terminal:
- 25km to Warkworth
- Proximity to town:
- 3 km past Leigh
Pricing and Conditions
(15 year(s) and under)
- Further pricing information:
- Bookings are essential. Please check website 9am on the day of your tour to confirm sailing