1 / 2
1 / 8
Cardrona is located in the Crown Range only 55 mins / 58 km easy drive, shuttle or bus trip from Queenstown and 35mins / 34 km from Wanaka. Cardrona is the largest ski area easily accessed from Queenstown, with 20-35% more terrain on offer. With consistently good weather and reliable snow conditions, Cardrona has superb terrain spread across three main valleys.
Cardrona offers something for everyone, from those wanting to experience the joy of skiing for the first time to those that just can't live without their fix of winter excitement. All levels of skiers and boarders will be in paradise at Cardrona thanks to an abundance of wide open trails that meander across three bowls as well as a world class terrain park.
Prices and passes
At Cardrona you can purchase a lift pass, rental, and lessons.
All amounts are in $NZ
Day lift passes
|Half Day Pass||$70||$62||$39|
Jacket & Pants
Are their shuttles to the ski field?
Yes. There are daily shuttles from both Wanaka and Queenstown to Cardrona.
Can I purchase food at the ski area?
Yes. We have five cafes and restaurants on the mountain offering everything from quick bites to full meals, along with fresh juices and delicious coffee.
What type of lessons does the ski area provide?
We offer ski and snowboard lessons and programmes for all ages and ability levels.
- Cardrona's First Timer Package offers a learner area lift pass, ski/snowboard rental and a lesson. This package provides everything a first timer needs in order build a foundation for progress
- The Achievement Package at Cardrona provides unlimited access to the entire mountain and suits a relative novice right the way through to an experienced skier or boarder. This also includes rental equipment and a lesson.
Does the ski area have a terrain park?
Cardrona Parks are EPIC! Cardrona has the most extensive terrain park and halfpipe facilities in the Southern Hemisphere, with three terrain parks, a gravity cross and two halfpipes, including a 22ft Olympic Superpipe.
Does the ski area offer any childcare or crèche services?
Yes! Kids are No. 1 at Cardrona and there are options available for all ages, including a nursery, ski kindy and lessons for kids. For more info see Kids @ Cardrona.
While you're here
Few places on Earth pack so much into so small an area.
Cardrona Alpine Resort, 18 Dunmore Street, Wanaka, Lake Wanaka, New Zealand.
- Business hours:
- Months of operation:
- Jun, Jul, Aug, Sep, Oct
Facilities and Features
- Proximity to airport:
- Approximately 44km / 45 mins from Wanaka Airport, 53km / 45 mins from Queenstown Airport and 445 km / 5.5 hours from Christchurch Airport
- Proximity to town:
- Approximately 34km / 35 mins from Wanaka and 58km / 55 mins from Queenstown
Pricing and Conditions
|Adult||$70.00 - $97.00|
- Further pricing information:
- Child: Currently attending school, 6-17 years.