1 / 26
Cruise across Lake Wakatipu to Walter Peak on board Queenstown’s iconic steamship TSS Earnslaw.
Enjoy a gourmet barbecue lunch and gain an insight into high country farming life. Relax on the lakeside terrace or inside the Colonel's Homestead Restaurant as the gourmet barbecue is freshly prepared.
Our refreshed menu offers succulent meats cooked on the outdoor rotisserie or grill, a selection of salads, vegetables and breads. Then finish your meal with a scrumptious dessert.
Afterwards watch the sheep dogs in action before your return cruise.
Departures: all year* (daily)
* TSS Earnslaw will be on annual survey mid May 2016 - mid June 2016 and during this time travel to/from Walter Peak is by launch.
Walter Peak High Country Farm & BBQ Lunch - Real Journeys, Real Journeys Visitor Centre, Steamer Wharf, Queenstown Central, Queenstown, New Zealand.
- Business hours:
- Real Journeys Visitor Centre, Steamer Wharf, Queenstown. Open 7 days.
- Months of operation:
- All months of the year
Pricing and Conditions
(14 year(s) and under)
- Other charges:
- Café-style food and drinks are available for purchase from the Promenade Café on board the TSS Earnslaw. Souvenirs are available to purchase from the “Woolshed Gift Shop” at Walter Peak.
- Further pricing information:
- Prices are valid from 1 November 2015 – 31 October 2016. Infants (0-4 years) carried free of charge. TSS Earnslaw will undergo annual maintenance mid May 2016 - mid June 2016 and our Gourmet BBQ Lunch trip will NOT be operating. Alternatively choose the "Walter Peak High Country Farm Tour" and travel across Lake Wakatipu by launch.