1 / 15
Cruise across Lake Wakatipu to Walter Peak on board Queenstown’s iconic steamship TSS Earnslaw.
Enjoy a gourmet barbecue lunch and gain an insight into high country farming life. Relax on the lakeside terrace or inside the Colonel's Homestead Restaurant as the gourmet barbecue is freshly prepared.
Our refreshed menu offers succulent meats cooked on the outdoor rotisserie or grill, a selection of salads, vegetables and breads. Then finish your meal with a scrumptious dessert and New Zealand cheeses.
Afterwards watch the sheep dogs in action before your return cruise.
Departures: all year* (daily)
* TSS Earnslaw will be on annual survey mid May 2015 - early July 2015 and during this time travel to/from Walter Peak is by launch.
Walter Peak High Country Farm & BBQ Lunch - Real Journeys, Real Journeys Visitor Centre, Steamer Wharf, Queenstown Central, Queenstown, New Zealand.
- Business hours:
- Real Journeys Visitor Centre, Steamer Wharf, Queenstown. Open 7 days.
- Months of operation:
- All months of the year
Pricing and Conditions
- Other charges:
- Café-style food and drinks are available for purchase from the Promenade Café on board the TSS Earnslaw. Souvenirs are available to purchase from the “Woolshed Gift Shop” at Walter Peak.
- Further pricing information:
- Prices are valid from 1 November 2013 – 31 October 2015 and are per person and based on a Walter Peak High Country Farm & BBQ Lunch departing Queenstown. Infants (0 – 4 years) carried free of charge. TSS Earnslaw will be on annual survey and NOT operating 11 May - 28 June 2015 and mid May – mid June 2016 and during this time a launch will substitute.