1 / 5
Just a 25 minute drive, Coronet Peak is the closest mountain to Queenstown. Stunning high points and rolling trails offer seasoned skiers and riders something to really get your teeth into. For those new to the snow, dedicated learner and novice areas make finding your snow feet easy.
• Varied terrain for all abilities
• NZ’s longest resort opening hours with Night Skiing/First Tracks
• Quick & easy on-mountain rental system
• Supervised kids’ programmes and Early Learning Centre for children age 3 months & up
Elevation: 1649 m
Skiable Area: 280 hectares
Lifts: 1 high-speed six-seater chair, 2 high-speed quad chairs, 1 T-bar, 4 carpet lifts
Prices and passes
At Coronet Peak you can purchase a lift pass, rental, and lessons.
All amounts are in $NZ
Day lift passes
|Half Day Pass||$66||$40||FREE|
|1 Day Starter Pack||$135||$89|
|1 Day Novice Pack||$155||$99|
|1 Day Progression Pack||$180||$111|
Are their shuttles to the ski field?
Snowline Express runs buses from the Queenstown Snow Centre, $15 return trip. Snowline Hotel Pick up runs a bus that will collect you from designated accommodation in Queenstown, $30 return trip.
Can I purchase food at the ski area?
There are four cafes at Coronet Peak, including a fully-licensed bar, café and restaurant in the Coronet Peak Base Building. You can dine beside the fire at Heidi’s Hut, enjoy a hot sandwich from the Sub Station, or head to the top of the mountain for some European style food and mulled wine at the outdoor Ice Bar.
What type of lessons does the ski area provide?
The Coronet Peak Snowsports School offers a range of ski and snowboard lessons and programmes for all ages and ability levels including first timers, group lessons, private lessons and a variety of one week and two day clinics.
Does the ski area have a terrain park?
Does the ski area offer any childcare or crèche services?
- Coronet Peak offers a licensed Early Learning Centre for children 3 months to 5 years.
- The Kea Club offers Full Day, Half Day and 3 and 5 Day School Holiday programmes for kids 5-15 years (8-15 years Snowboarders)
Kids 6 years and under receive FREE day lift passes every day.
While you're here
Few places on Earth pack so much into so small an area.
Coronet Peak Ski Area, Coronet Peak Rd, Queenstown Central, Queenstown, 9300, New Zealand.
- Business hours:
- 8am - 4pm daily, 4pm - 9pm Friday and Saturday
- Months of operation:
- Jun, Jul, Aug, Sep, Oct
Facilities and Features
- Proximity to airport:
- 23 km, 35 minutes' drive from Queenstown Airport
- Proximity to town:
- 18 km, 25 minutes' drive from Queenstown
Pricing and Conditions
- Other charges:
- Youth rate applies to 17 years and under and to 65-74 years. Kids 6 years and under and super seniors 75+ ski for free.
- Further pricing information:
- Opening hours are subject to weather. Terms and conditions apply see website for full details.