1 / 7
Cruise out of Paterson Inlet to nearby Islands off the coast of Stewart Island. Enjoy coastal scenery. Visit a fur seal colony. Occasional bottle-nosed dolphins are seen.
Look out for little blue penguin, Stewart Island shags, pied and spotted shags. Excited albatross may soar majestically on the breeze. Search for yellow-eyed penguin and Fiordland crested penguins. Small petrels, cape pigeon, prions, terns and shearwaters, skua on rocky outcrops and giant petrel may be seen.
Learn interesting facts about bird behaviour and migration from our passionate guides.
Our trips have an environmental focus and offer a more personalised experience in small groups.
Find us at the Ruggedy Range™ Booking Office in Oban, Stewart Island.
Aihe - Pelagic Sea Birds, 14 Main Road, Oban, Stewart Island - Rakiura, 9846, New Zealand.
- Business hours:
- Details on www.aihe.co.nz and www.ruggedyrange.com.
- Months of operation:
- All months of the year
Facilities and Features
- Proximity to airport:
- Ruggedy Range™ Booking Office is 2 - 3 minutes walk form Stewart Island Flight Depot or the ferry terminal.
- Proximity to coach terminal:
- Proximity to town:
- Golden Bay Wharf is 10 - 20 minutes walk from main accommodation venues in Stewart Island
Pricing and Conditions
(13 year(s) and under)
- Age restriction:
- Other charges:
- Transfers to and from Golden Bay Wharf $6.00 p.p. one way or $12.00 p.p. return.