1 / 9
As well as cycling the 150km trail, you'll also explore the old gold mining towns of St Bathan's and Macrae’s Flat. Try the ancient sport of curling in Naseby, and visit Hayes Engineering Works, A special highlight is a tour of a high country farm - guided by the 3rd/4th generation Duncan family.
You'll meet the people as we cycle through each community; learn about the rich history of the area, and more than likely fall in love with 'central'. During the days cycle your friendly guide and vehicle are there to support you during the ride, often appearing around a stretch of trail with a welcome cup of tea and snack.
We utilise high quality locally hosted accommodation and the cuisine provided is locally sourced, wholesome and plentiful.
Bike the Otago Rail Trail - PureTrails NZ, 11a Langstone Lane, Northcote, Christchurch, Christchurch - Canterbury, 8052, New Zealand.
- Business hours:
- 8am - 6pm, 7 days
- Months of operation:
- All months of the year
Facilities and Features
- Proximity to airport:
- 10 minutes drive from Christchurch airport
- Proximity to town:
- 10 minutes drive from Christchurch city centre
Pricing and Conditions
- Other charges:
- Optional bike hire $190; ebike hire $450, single supplement $300
- Further pricing information:
- Bookings will be confirmed and held on receipt of a deposit by PureTrails New Zealand. Payment in full must be received in full at least 60 days prior to departure.